I wanted to create a new GitHub repo in the Mozilla GitHub org and went searching for a document defining a naming convention for repository names. I didn't find anything so I thought I'd look at what names people used and deduce a convention.
- 928 (100%) Mozilla GitHub Repositories
- 878 (95%) have no uppercase characters
- 909 (98%) have no underscore character
- 517 (56%) have a dash character
Looks like the convention is :
- Use all lower case
- Separate words with a dash character if needed