So it's decided, we're gonna go Canoeing up in the Russian River on June 29th. I'll put all the information about it up here and also the pairings of people to canoes. Just comment or call or email me letting me know if you want to go and if you have someone in mind that you want to pair up with.
Questions and Answers
- When : June 29th, 2003 around Noon until around 5 or 6PM. The trip down the river takes 4 or 5 hours assuming we take some time to swim and eat lunch and stuff.
- Where : Forrestville, CA
- Where exactly : Where Mirabel Rd runs into River Rd in Forrestville. Here's a satellite image.
- How much : Each canoe and paddles and life jackets is 45$. Each canoe has 2 seats so 2 people can paddle. The typical set up is for 2 people to share a canoe and each of them paddle being 22.50$ each (cash only, no credit). If 3 people want to join up to cut costs or because one person is lazy, and have 2 people paddle and one person sit in the middle of the canoe and hang out. If anyone wants to do the 3 person thing let me know and I'll give you suggestions about how to do it.
- How long does it take to get to Forrestville : About an hour and 15 minutes.
- Where are we going to leave from : We can caravan from my apartment in Berkeley. 1712 Ward St. Apt. #D
- What time are we going to leave from Berkeley : We'll head out at 10AM, try to get to my place at 9:30 or a bit after. Make sure to eat breakfast before you come over or bring some food to eat on the driver up, canoeing takes a lot of energy.
- What should I bring : (Listed in Order of Importance)
So Vital that failing to bring these items, means you shouldn't go at all.
- River shoes (Tivas, or some kind of sandle shoe that you can get wet, and still wear and that you can climb on rocky river bottom with. Old shoes work.)
- Lunch to go in the cooler
- Drinks (it's gonna be hot and you will get very thirsty. Bottled water is a good idea) [No glass]
- Change of clothes to leave in the car so you don't have to ride home wet.
A good idea.
- A hat.
- clothes that you don't mind getting wet in
- a pack to put your water bottles in and BUNGEE CHORDS to attach it to that canoe, so you don't lose it when the canoe tips over.
I will bring a cooler and bungee chords to put in Jack and My canoe to keep the lunch. If someone else wants to bring a cooler and bungee chords, then we can fit more stuff. Optional however.
- Where can I find more information on this : Check out the place that we're going, Burke's Canoe Trips
I'll update this with the pairs of people as they get decided.
- Gene and Jack
- Kristen and Allen and Michele
- Sean and Dustin and Dustin's Girlfriend
- Jacob and Dianna
- Ivan and Norm and a Friend
- Melanie Schauweker and her friend Tracy
- Erica and Jason