So this Sunday, as predicted looks to be a whole lot better then last Sunday. 87 degrees, Sunny, no rain. It's gonna rock. Here are the specifics.
Questions and Answers
- When : September 26th, 2004 around Noon until around 5 or 6PM. The trip down the river takes 4 or 5 hours assuming we take some time to swim and eat lunch and stuff.
- Where : Forrestville, CA
- Where exactly : Where Mirabel Rd runs into River Rd in Forrestville. Here's a satellite image.
- How much : Each canoe and paddles and life jackets is 50$ (up from 45$ last year). Each canoe has 2 seats so 2 people can paddle. The typical set up is for 2 people to share a canoe and each of them paddle being 25$ each (cash only, no credit). If 3 people want to join up to cut costs or because one person is lazy, and have 2 people paddle and one person sit in the middle of the canoe and hang out. If anyone wants to do the 3 person thing let me know and I'll give you suggestions about how to do it.
- How long does it take to get to Forrestville : About an hour and 15 minutes.
- Where are we going to leave from : We can caravan in multiple cars and we'll meet at the SafeWay parking lot at Church and Market. This way we'll be able to park and assemble. If you don't live in Berkeley/Oakland or the City, you may want to go directly there and meet us at the site.
- What time are we going to leave from Safeway : We'll head out at 10AM, try to get to Safeway at 9:30 to 9:45 cause we aint waitin'. Make sure to eat breakfast before you come over or bring/buy some food to eat on the drive up, canoeing takes a lot of energy. If you're planning on shopping at SafeWay, DON'T arrive at 9:30. Arrive before so you've got time to shop for food and then head out with everybody.
- How do I contact Gene if I have questions : Call me on my cell phone at 415 722 9846 or email me.
- What should I bring : (Listed in Order of Importance)
So Vital that failing to bring these items, means you shouldn't go at all.
- 25$ in cash
- River shoes (Tivas, or some kind of sandle shoe that you can get wet, and still wear and that you can climb on rocky river bottom with. Old shoes work.)
- Lunch to go in the cooler
- Drinks (it's gonna be hot and you will get very thirsty. Bottled water is a good idea) [No glass]
- Change of clothes to leave in the car so you don't have to ride home wet.
A good idea.
- A hat.
- clothes that you don't mind getting wet in
- a pack to put your water bottles in and BUNGEE CHORDS to attach it to that canoe, so you don't lose it when the canoe tips over.
I will bring a cooler and bungee chords to put in my canoe to keep the lunch. If someone else wants to bring a cooler and bungee chords, then we can fit more stuff. Optional however.
- Where can I find more information on this : Check out the place that we're going, Burke's Canoe Trips
- What's the weather going to be like : Warm and sunny.
I'll update this with the pairs of people as they get decided.
- Dianna and Jacob
- Dustin and Keri
- Zack and ???
- Gene and Sean
- Ivan and ???
- Michele and Kristen and Christine
- Jason and Erik
- Danny and Swiss
Vehicle to Person Ratio
- Passing through SF / Berkeley Oakland
- Kristen's Audi : 4 seats
- Ivan's Sportscar : 2 seats
- Passing through the Far East
- Michele's RAV : 4 seats
- People going on their own and meeting us in Forestville
- Jacob and Dianna in Jacob's car
- Dustin Keri and Zack in Dustin's car